10 Ways Sunglasses Can Change Your Look
10 Ways Sunglasses Can Change the Way You Look
Accessories play a crucial role in enhancing our overall appearance, and sunglasses are no exception.
Not only do they protect our eyes from the sun and harmful UV rays, but they also add fashion to any outfit and project our personality to the world.
Sunglasses have the power to completely transform a person’s everyday look, making them an essential accessory for expressing one’s personality.
Let’s explore ten ways sunglasses can change your appearance and how to style glasses for various occasions. Whether you want to go edgy, playful, or just polish your daily look, there’s a perfect pair of sunnies for everyone.
Let’s dive into the world of fashion and glasses and discover how they can elevate your everyday look! Or, if you already have an idea for a new look, start shopping for sunglasses now!
1. Go Edgy with Dark Frames
Dark-framed glasses exude an edgy and mysterious vibe and are an easy way to add a touch of attitude to your look. They’re also forever on trend.
Whether you opt for classic black or deep shades of brown, these frames make a bold personal style statement.
They pair exceptionally well with leather jackets, casual ripped jeans, and other rock-inspired outfits (or basically any daily look.)
Dark frames are versatile and can elevate any casual or formal outfit. You just can’t go wrong with black sunglasses.
Explore our collection of black sunglasses to add that edgy flair to your look.
2. Brighten Up with Colorful Frames and Lenses
Embrace vibrant and colorful frames that pop and infuse playfulness into your appearance and say “Hello, world!”
Explore a wide mix of on trend colors like red, blue, green, or even pink-purple gradient to match your mood and outfit. Colored lenses, such as rose-tinted or blue-tinted, add extra dimension to your look.
Bright frames are perfect for any spring or summer outfit, beach days, or even just to change your look and bring some cheer on a gloomy day.
Find your perfect pop of color with our colorful sunglasses.
3. Try Unusual Shapes
Step out of your ordinary world and experiment with unconventional sunglasses shapes rather than the usual frames.
It’s a good idea to have a go-to pair of everyday sunnies, and some for special occasions that completely change your look without having to change your outfit.
For example, geometric frames, oversized styles, heart-shaped, cat-eye, and octagon-shaped glasses can add a unique and trendy twist to your look.
These extraordinary frames are a fashion-forward choice for those who like to stand out from the crowd.
4. Play with Contrast
Wondering how to style sunglasses with your hair color and skin tone?
Understanding contrast can help you find the best frames to stand out. Experiment with complementary colors in your daily look to make your frames pop or try out analogous colors for a harmonious look.
Combining contrasting colors in your glasses and outfit can elevate your look and make a bold statement.
When choosing glasses that contrast with your hair color, color theory can be a valuable tool. Here are some examples of how to contrast sunglasses against different hair colors:
- Complementary Contrast: If you have cool-toned blonde hair, consider sunglasses with warm-colored frames like tortoiseshell or gold. The warm tones will create a striking contrast, making your sunglasses stand out.
- Analogous Contrast: For warm-toned blonde hair, opt for sunglasses with colors that are adjacent on the color wheel, such as light brown or beige. This creates a harmonious look that complements your hair color.
Brunette or Black Hair:
- Complementary Contrast: Brunettes can go for sunglasses with cool-toned glasses like silver or blue to contrast beautifully against their warm hair color.
- Analogous Contrast: For black hair, try deep colors like dark brown or black. These shades create a sophisticated and complementary contrast.
- Complementary Contrast: Redheads can try green or teal glasses to create an eye-catching complementary contrast with their hair color.
- Analogous Contrast: Sunglasses with warm-toned shades of orange or copper can provide a pleasing analogous contrast to red hair.
Gray or White Hair:
- Complementary Contrast: Gray or white-haired individuals can opt for glasses with warm-colored frames like light brown or rose gold. This creates a striking contrast that adds warmth to your overall look.
- Analogous Contrast: Consider glasses in shades of gray or silver to create a subtle and sophisticated analogous contrast with your hair color.
Salt and Pepper Hair:
- Complementary Contrast: For those with salt and pepper hair, wear glasses in warm colors like bronze or caramel to create a beautiful complementary contrast.
- Analogous Contrast: Sunglasses in shades of gray or dark blue can create an elegant analogous contrast with salt and pepper hair.
Remember, these are just general guidelines, and personal preference always comes first when choosing a pair of sunglasses. Have fun experimenting with different colors and shapes everyday to find the perfect glasses that complements your unique look!
5. Enhance your Natural Beauty – Consider Your Face Shape
Choose a pair of sunglasses that complement your face shape and enhance your best features.
For round faces, wear square or rectangular glasses to add angles. An oval face can wear almost any frame shape, while a heart-shaped face looks great with cat-eye glasses. A square face benefits from round or oval sunglasses, and rectangular faces suit aviator or oversized glasses.
Working with your sunnies that suit your face shape rather than picking a sunglass shape randomly will make it feel like the sunnies you wear were made just for you and will quickly become part of your signature style.
6. Add Another Accessory
Elevate your sunglasses game by adding stylish accessories to your outfit like sunglasses chains.
These trendy chains not only keep your shades close at hand but also add a touch of elegance and uniqueness to your look.
Choose chains in gold, silver, or colorful beads to match your daily look. Invest in a look that will make you feel great
7. Try Changing Up Your Hairstyle
Pair your sunglasses with different hairstyles to create diverse looks. Tying your hair up in a bun or ponytail while wearing sunglasses can exude sophistication and showcase your facial features.
Experiment with different hairstyles to find the perfect pairing for your shades.
8. Go Professional with Classic Sunglasses
Classic sunglasses with timeless designs never go out of style. They add a touch of professionalism and sophistication to your daily look.
Whether you’re dressing up for a business meeting or a formal event, a pair of classic sunglasses, like aviators, is a reliable choice for a polished look.
Explore our classic sunglasses collection for a timeless and elegant style.
9. Consider Function Over Form
While style is important, don’t forget about the functionality of your sunglasses.
Consider your needs, such as activities, profession, and length of use, when choosing the right pair. Sunglasses that provide the necessary protection and comfort for your daily activities are key. There’s a reason most pilots wear aviators!
Check out our blog post on sunglasses for different activities for the perfect combination of style and function.
10. Let the Shades Be the Star
Be a minimalist. When wearing statement sunglasses, you don’t need tons of other accessories.
Let your shades take center stage and shine. An elegant, minimalist outfit paired with eye-catching sunglasses can create a sophisticated and confident look.
Choose the Perfect Pair of Sunglasses to Refresh Your Look at AO Eyewear Today
A pair of sunglasses offer more than just eye protection from the sun; they have the power to completely change your look and express your personal style.
Experiment with different styles, colors, and shapes to find the perfect pair of glasses that suits your personality and enhances your overall appearance. Visit the American Optical shop today to explore our collection and find the sunglasses that will elevate your style to new heights.
Contact us if you need assistance in choosing the right style for you.